Monday, December 8, 2008

Why I watch and like basketball

SO today is an off day, and while other Raptors blogs are discussing yesterday loss (which is what I should be doing), I will talk about boyssss =] er... i mean why I like basketball.

WARNING: The following might get a little girly =]

OK, so as I said I'm back. During my time off I went college, learned a few things and read lots of blogs. Gotta love the opinions from other people =]

On to the point, I like basketball. No, wait, I LOVE Basketball. I watch games everyday (well try to) and I like hear what the 'analyst', bloggers and beat writers have to say about the team they watch and cover. I started watching basketball in 2000. Around the same time I started playing for fun. I was only ten at that time so I idolized VC and I couldn't get enough JYD. I even remember watching the final game of playoff series against the Sixers. Total heart breaker. I didn't watch too much after that season, I found other entertaining at that time. (plus the purple jersey was ugly). Then Donyell Marshall came along and I had my first basketball player crush. I think it was his three point shooting, and the fact that I started noticing that boys weren't icky. I went to my first basketball game that year, and we (I mean they) lost to Memphis. My family made signs and mine said 3-point Marshall, they us showed on the Jumbo-tron I got soo excited that I almost fell.

Sam Mitchell was hired, Rob Babcock came in, so did Bosh and Jose. My idol slowly started to lose my interest and I started paying attention that scrawny tall kid who claimed he was F/C, even though he looked like I could blow him down. The 06/07 season was when I started to get addicted. I watch every game that season and when there weren't any Raptors games on, I would watch other teams. Basketball was my drug, and I couldn't get enough. I had the biggest crush (still do) on AP. I remembered the previous preseason were he won that game for Macabbi Tel Aviv. BTW, where is that clutch now... That black eye he is sporting makes him more hotter.

Last Season I watched the WNBA*. I don't know why people don't like it. I found it entertaining to some points, i mean girls shoot funny =S and they are not as attractive to look at (I know shallow) but I still think they got skills. I watched the Sparks entire season (Because RapsTV showed most of their games. CP3 enough said). They were expected to make it to the finals and finish top in the west but they didn't. Sounds familiar?

Anyways that was my mini-basketball biography-history thingy. Currently I watch Raptors ball, which I should be getting paid for. It can be the hardest thing to watch. My favourite teams are the Lakers, Hornets and the Jazz. For obvious reasons, like the hot men that play on their teams..... Seriously though, I've never really like eastern conference, the games weren't as appealing as a conference (western) where 6 games separated the first place team and the ninth team.

I think what attracts me too basketball (well except the Raps) is the effort I see guys and girls showing to win. They make the game personal. The best players are the ones that lead their team, and are mvps (well for their teams). They bring the same intensity to every game. That's what I like to see. People committing to what they do. Like the bloggers who do not get paid, but post something everyday. Their commitment is soo inspiring.

In the end, Why do I like basketball so much? Not only is it entertaining, but watching real people (because they are human like us. well maybe not Kobe) commit to something like a sport is great. If all people could work hard in the world and not resort to stupidness, it could be a better place. I'm sure other athletes commit more than basketball players, but some are not as hot, and their sport is hard to watch. Or they are totally covered. Or the sport requires them to loose teeth (hehe hockey). etc, you get the point.

Thank ya for time.

Basketball is my favourite sport.
I like the way they dribble up and down the court.
I keep it so fresh on the microphone.
I like NO interruptions when the game is on.
I like slam dunks, they take me to the hoop.
MY favourite play is the Alley-oop.

I like the pick-n-roll.
I like the give-n-go....

Now tell me were you in the joint
The night MJ scored 63 points
When the Lakers won titles back-to-back
Didn’t give nobody no kind of slack
When Vince Carter came
Stuck his arm in the rim
Everbody went crazy in the whole damn gym

Dikembe Mutumbo standing tall
Playing D wit desire
Its Basketball

~lil bow wow

Tomorrow we going to Cle'land!! LEBrin James. haha old man disease

*When I was spell checking I saw this:

No comments: