Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Finals and Workouts, yet again!

Today The Raptors held Pre-Draft Workouts. The players who worked out were:

    Ty Lawson - Guard - 6′0 - UNC

    Grievis Vasquez - Guard - 6′6 - Maryland

    Derrick Brown - Forward - 6′8 - Xavier

    Austin Daye - Forward - 6′11 - Gonzaga

    James Johnson - Forward - 6′9 - Wake Forest

    Earl Clark - Forward - 6′9 - Louisville

The videos can be found at RAPTORS.COM.

Grievis Vasquez didn’t say anything other then the idea of returning to school, If he felt he wouldn’t be drafted to the right team. Other words, he doesn’t want to play to the Raps.

 

Earl Clark 

You’ve got to love Earl Clark:

“I don’t know hot I fit here [Toronto], but I would love to come here and play with those guys. And learn from the Veterans. You know we’ll see what happens”

I laughed when I heard this. I was trying to figure out what veteran he was talking about. If I searched, I’d probably find out that he’s said this to every team. On the plus side, He’s very adorable.

Ty Lawson’s entire Interview (On Raptors.com) is about Mock Drafts. Him and I agree that they are very opinionated and wrong 20% of the time! A plus, Boogie likes him. Speaking of which….

Boogie

Give the man a jersey!

Having him back on the team brings back so much memories. I’m young so I grew up watching him, JYD and Vince. Plus, he’s still young and that will help him connect with the players. Maybe he could teach Roko something…

Ryan McNeill from Hoops Addict, had Exclusive interviews with the other prospects that were not interviewed by RaptorsTV and other media members. Derrick Brown. James Johnson who intrigues me. He talks about the ‘mental toughness’ he has. Austin Daye looks younger than me. Best part, When Ryan asks him about Mock Drafts and Chad Ford. The boys is fully rolling his eyes! In case you didn’t know, he’s only testing the waters…

The Finals

I’m sure, if you follow me on Twitter, you know I’m an Orlando Magic bandwagon jumper. (I jumped on when Philly didn’t beat them) So even though they were down 2-0 to Kobe and his minions, I still had faith in them. SO it did not surprise me when they won last night. What did surprise me, is how well they shot throughout the entire game but only won by 4!

You have to thank Kobe for missing the free throws and leaving his clutch in his car (I was going to say ‘in bed with his wife’) because if he hit those shots I would be writing about my secret love for the Lakers. Which I’m not ready to admit it yet…

Another thing you might know from Twitter. I love Courtney Lee!! So here’s a something sweet:

If you notice anything incorrect please feel free comment and let me know. I edit this myself and there might be things I miss. Thank you

No comments: