Friday, June 26, 2009

Welcome DeMar!!

Let’s recap this…

  1. I heard about some DeRozan fellow. So I watched him play in the NCAA Tournament
  2. Forgot about him, and went crazy with the Raps continuous slide.
  3. Raps we’re officially out, started paying attention to the playoffs
  4. Draft lottery. Didn’t want the Raps to win it, and  I didn’t want them fall lower
  5. We got 9th so I started looking at propects.
  6. Remembered the DeRozan fellow, put my blog on DeRozan watch
  7. Watch his interviews and highlights, waiting for him to workout for us
  8. Workout didn’t come. Apparently some ‘issue’. Sadly took blog off DeRozan watch and looked at other prospects
  9. HE WORKED OUT FOR US!!!
  10. Secretly put blog back on DeRozan watch
  11. He said he liked it here!! YES!!
  12. Made Mock Draft to feel good about self
  13. Draft day. RIP Michael Jackson…
  14. NERVOUS AS HELL
  15. Griffin goes first! Check
  16. Thabeet goes 2nd! Check
  17. Harden goes 3rd! Check
  18. Rubio goes 4th… wait what? Evans? the hell!!
  19. OK, Rubio goes 5th! Check!
  20. SHIT! Minny would soooo Take DD away from us!! NOOOOO
  21. The Minnesota Timberwolves with 6th pick select…. JONNY FLYNN… ??? A PG???? Thank God! But seriously… What are they doing?
  22. Then Golden State makes me Happy by Stealing Curry!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! But makes me nervous. What if Jordan Hill is available at 9? What if the Knicks take DD at 8?
  23. Knicks make me happy and take Jordan Hill to the dismay of the hecklers
  24. With the 9th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Toronto Raptors (He always says it weird) select…. De- YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . I never thought I would be so happy to see a boy get drafted, wearing that stupid Raps hat.

That’s the end of my recap. I passed out of excitement right after… Ok I didn’t, I stayed up watch 3 more hours of boringness. Highlights after included:

  • Brandon Jennings showing up late to shake hands with The Stern
  • Minnesota shocking everyone, even the Love kid, by picking Ty Lawson, another PG, with the 18th pick.
  • DeJuan (Spelt his name wrong yesterday, my bad) Blair dropping to the second round.
  • So did Sam Young
  • Darko Milicic got traded to NY for Q-Rich, Hecklers cheered
  • More picks were traded, none that included our Raps

I’m very excited about DeRozan. For once BC picked a guy everyone likes. So, Welcome DeMar DeRozan!! These fans will eat you alive!!

Follow him on Twitter

No comments: