Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Workouts With Some Evans and Delfino on The Side

I’m sorry for not blogging for a while. I’ve very busy and because of that, I have to catch up on Two days worth of news.

There is one more Workout today (I’ll get to yesterdays later). And guess whose working out for us. Yup, that DeRozan fellow, who I used to like. He finally decides to workout for us, and he doing it by himself. Please explain to me how that’s going to work, because I don’t think we’ll learn much from this workout. Well, except his shooting abilities when no one is guarding him. Oh! We can find out if he’s a great Free Throw shooter!

Gerald

Now, lets go back to yesterday. The Raptors worked out Gerald Henderson and some other guys who don’t matter right now. He spoke to the Media yesterday. Some things I found interesting:

  • This was his hardest workout.
  • He believes ‘Stock’ is a mythical thing
  • He feels confident he can go as high as the 3rd pick
  • A reporter asks: “Some guys who shy away from the competition, Some players who rather workout on their own….” All I’m thinking is Derozan
  • He likes to compete against guys that are projected to go higher them him in the draft
  • He going to bring a “certain amount of effort” each day and play hard.
  • He says he can put the ball on the floor or pull up for the jumper

Reggie

The Next person the media spoke to was Reggie Evans. His said the usual things. Bringing toughness, being a spark off the bench and helping the team the best way he can. But, unlike the other guys who say this, I actually believe him. He also says that he will let guys know when they’re doing something wrong and he feels we have a ‘good’ team.

Carlos

The Raptors announced Yesterday evening, they have extended a qualifying offer to Carlos Delfino. This isn’t news, Colangelo has expressed his interest to bring Delfino back.

When Carlos was with us in 07-08, he was very streaky. He’d have five bad-shooting games before breaking out a 20 point game and hitting all his threes (Like the Boston game). He was also one of the few players who took the ball to the basket, when his shot wasn’t falling. If Delfino comes back, will he be more consistent? I think that’s what’s important, we don’t want another Kapono.

If you notice anything incorrect please feel free comment and let me know. I edit this myself and there might be things I miss. Thank you

No comments: