Tuesday, June 23, 2009

This is Way Overdue

All I've been doing in the past week is counting down the days to the draft. I just want Raptors news to give me hope for next season. Depending on what Colangelo does on Thursday, my summer will be affected. That's a lot of pressure BC I hope you can handle it.


In a Presser early today, Colangelo singles out DeRozan, Henderson, Flynn, Holiday, and Johnson as possible Draftees. Nothing wrong there. All of them have potential and can help our team in a way. I, however, have a bad feeling about DeRozan. What if he doesn't live up to the hype? What if he is not used properly or not guided into being the player he can be? Of course these questions apply to all players in the draft. These things we wont know for now, and that is what sucks.


To me, the draft is all about LUCK and being SMART. If some guy is projected to go first, and he doesn't fit your team, don't be afraid to trade him or pick another guy. It's about getting young prospects you believe will fit into your system or helps your team. For some GMs, it’s just picking the best player available at the spot. If your lucky a player might just fall lower than his stock and be the guy you need. In the end the draft is a headache if things go wrong.


I just hope BC doesn't disappoint.


Next, my trade ears are tingling. Apparently, Richard Jefferson of the Milwaukee Bucks has had his contract dumped off to San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs were kind enough to give the Bucks Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto. This is only interesting to me because a player like RJ is being traded for 3 players...


Here are some things. James Johnson has been in for a second visit and they hope to have another with Jrue Holiday before Thursday evening. The chances of getting another pick are low. They are not trading up and first thing BC wants to do is bring back Shawn Marion. At a reasonable price of course.

No comments: