Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why, DeMar? I thought you said you loved me!

When I get up in the morning, I get my morning read on. (Or Morning Coffee). Today I came across something. A week back, I put my blog on ‘DeRozan Watch’. In other words, I was curious about him and I kept my eyes open for his name in any article. I’ve learned a lot about him, his game and his goals. So you must know how heart broken I was when I read this from Dougie:

Here’s the thing about these workouts that go on before the draft: Sometimes, they’re not workouts at all.

Bryan mentioned earlier this week that they want to get DeMar DeRozan in next week, what’s likely to be the last big session in Toronto, but that the kid might only come in to meet, not to work out.

There’s always a player, usually the ones that are projected to go top ten, whose agent comes out publicly to say his client doesn’t want to work for team A or be drafted by Team B (Read: Rubio). Isn’t getting drafted a privilege? What right as a player, actually no a ‘draft prospect’, do you have to tell teams not to choose you, or you don’t want to work out for them? If I got drafted, I wouldn’t care if it were by the Raptors or Kings or God forbid, the Clippers. So Every time I hear about a player doing this, I shake my head.

I still like DeRozan, but I don’t think him or his agent has the right to be picky, especially if he’s projected to anywhere from 8 to 15. So I hereby OFFICIALLY take my blog off DeRozan watch. Instead I’ll look out for guys who’ve shown interest and could help our team. Like Jonny Flynn, Tyreke Evans, Terrence Williams, Ty Lawson and James Harden (Who probably wouldn’t available at 9).

The Magic are playing tonight, I hope for a win. I want this series to go to 7 games and I’m not ready for no basketball for 5 months!! There’s also 2 weeks until the draft! Oh, I almost forgot! STEVE NASH!

If you notice anything incorrect please feel free comment and let me know. I edit this myself and there might be things I miss. Thank you

5 comments:

Raps Fan said...

I'm officially done with DeRozan too...ass muncher...him and Gerald Green can go and have sub-par careers elsewhere.

RapsGurl said...

I hope karma bites him in the ass and he falls to 15-18. That'll learn 'im :-)

Or I hope NJ drafts him and he and Vince can half-ass it together over there.

Anonymous said...

what about Gerald Henderson, he seems like a solid player from solid program

Anonymous said...

who cares, he doesnt want TO, we dont want him either. i hope the raptors draft johnny flynn instead. a great point guard with a great attitude as well. even though he is more of a knicks fan, he very well stated that he would love to play for the raptors. he would solve our backup point guard woes. time to dump douby, roko.

then we could just sign a decent 2 guard, maybe jamal crawford (a decent scorer on a losing team), or bring back delfino.

Chaun said...

Oh, I forgot Henderson!! thanks! I like him too, he's athletic. I even ignore the fact he's from Duke